Certificate Update: Enforcement of SASO EER for Large Capacity Air Conditioners
Commencing 1st September 2017 the Saudi Arabian Standards Organization (SASO) will enforce new Energy Efficiency Requirements (EER) for Large Capacity Air Conditioners. This means that no SASO Certificate of Conformity (CoC) will be issued for large capacity air conditioners that fall within SASO Standard 2874:2016 unless a SASO EER registration certificate is provided. Exporters must also make sure that the SASO CoC lists the EER registration certificate number on it, and we advise this is placed at the end of the product description.
EER for Large Capacity Air Conditioners – Understanding the deadlines
1st September is the date that CB agencies have chosen to enforce the requirement. Any shipments without the required EER certificate will still be accepted at port until 30th November 2017.
EER for Large Capacity Air Conditioners – Products Included:
- Electrically operated air conditioners
- Condensing units
- Absorption chillers
- Electrically operated variable refrigerant flow (VRF) air conditioners
- Close control air conditioners and condensing units serving computer rooms
EER for Large Capacity Air Conditioners – Products Excluded:
- Air conditioners with a cooling capacity of up to 70000Btu/h(20kw) are excluded, but are still subject to the Energy Efficiency requirements of SASO 2663.
It is possible to gain SASO ‘special approvals’ for in-scope models that are manufactured for special projects.
EER for Large Capacity Air Conditioners – Enforcement Date for Saudi Ports:
Starting from 30th November 2017, no shipment will be allowed to enter the Saudi Markets without the shipment CoC and the Registration Certificate.
This is the date when customs/ports are going to start rejecting shipments, if the motors included don’t have the correct EER registration certificates in place.
It is possible to gain SASO ‘special approvals’ for in-scope models that are manufactured for special products.
EER for Large Capacity Air Conditioners – The registration Process:
- The Large Capacity Air Conditioner is tested to SASO Standard 2874:2016 and a Test Report is issued.
- An application is made online for the Energy Efficiency registration. This will result in the issuance of an energy efficiency certificate and label for the product.
- This process will typically take 2-3 weeks, from start to issuance of registration documents.
- The registration is PER MODEL and is valid for 1 YEAR.
For further information, please contact an XDS SASO Account Manager >>
To view the announcement made on the Saudi Label & Standard (SLS) website click here >>
About XDS Solutions:
Every step of your export document journey managed by us. No more complex forms, no more frustrating processes, just a team of expert advisors who’ll move mountains to meet your SASO or SONCAP certification deadline.
Imagine what you could achieve.
Certificate of Conformity challenge?
Let’s fix it.