The Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) is expected to launch the SABER system for online certification on 1st February 2018.
The SABER system has been designed to facilitate the new Saudi Product Safety Program known as SALEEM. And, it is SASO’s intention that the online SABER system will become the central online repository of all mandatory SALEEM data. Understand more about SALEEM, the new Saudi Product Safety Program in our recent blog >>
Data to be registered and stored within SABER includes technical data / test reports verifying the safety aspect of items being shipped, as well as shipping documents such as sales invoices, Bill of Lading and country of origin certificates.
The SABER system: All you need to know
- The SABER system will become the online global repository of all mandatory SALEEM data.
- The SABER system is expected to go live from the 1st February 2018 with a trial period allowing use of the system on a voluntary basis.
- SASO has advised that manufacturers, exporters, importers and freight forwarders should start the process of registering their products within the SABER system on a voluntary basis.
- If the trial period is successful, it is expected the new system will become mandatory as of the 1st July 2018.
- Current SASO Certificates (CoCs) will continue to be accepted until further notice
- At this point in time it is suggested there will be a two-part process, Product Registration and Shipment CoC.
Need help registering products within the new SABER system?
Our team of experts can handle everything from Product Registration to Shipment CoC.
Ensure compliance, avoid additional workload and maintain your company’s existing Certificate of Conformity systems and processes.
For more information and to keep up to date with continuous development of the SALEEM programme, SABER system and the new Technical Regulations for goods and products shipped to Saudi Arabia contact one of our expert Account Managers today >>
About XDS Solutions:
Every step of your export document journey managed by us. No more complex forms, no more frustrating processes. Just a team of experts who’ll move mountains to make sure certificate issuance is fast and simple.
We’re proud members of Institute of Export & International Trade – the UK’s only professional body representing international trade.
Listen again to our recent OpentoExport webinar ‘Stay on top of customs compliance‘. It’s packed with tips and practical advice to help businesses come up with a strategy for managing the risk associated with export compliance.