Nigeria SON – Product Authentication Mark Introduction
On 1st February 2018, the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) will begin implementing new regulations relating to the Product Authentication Mark (PAM). This means that all imported products arriving at Nigerian Ports will be required to have met the requirements of the relevant Nigeria Industrial Standards or other approved specifications in Nigeria, have passed authenticity and traceability certification and display an appropriate PAM sticker.
Then, following a two-month transition period, from 31st March 2018 no imported product subject to this regulation will then be allowed for sale in Nigerian markets without the PAM sticker.
Anna- Marie Walsh, SONCAP Account Manager says:
“It’s important that ALL importers are aware that SONCAP Certified products must carry a certified Product Authentication Mark. And, that application for PAM Stickers MUST be submitted before SON final clearance of the goods from the Ports of Entry. To avoid costly delays at Port we strongly advise that all exporters ask their importers to talk to SON regarding the process as soon as possible”.
Import to Nigeria and need help organising your product’s PAM sticker? Our SONCAP Account Managers are here to help. Call (+44) 01245 249002 today.
PAM Stickers: Certified products
- Importers should ensure that PAM stickers are only displayed on individual certified retail products.
- When it is not possible to display a PAM sticker on an individual retail unit, then importers should ensure a PAM sticker is displayed on a package containing two or more retail units (as long as the retail cost of a single unit is no more than NGN 50.00).
- Imported products already in the market can continue to be sold without the new PAM stickers until 31st March 2018.
- No imported product subject to this regulation will be allowed for sale in Nigerian markets without the PAM sticker after 31st March 2018.
- We advise importers with extensive quantities of historic stock to contact us immediately. An XDS SONCAP Account Manager will be able to advise on, and action, the most efficient route to issuance of PAM stickers from SON.
- Importers MUST ensure that application for PAM Stickers has been submitted before SON final clearance of the goods from the Ports of Entry.
Industry leading turnaround times for your Nigeria SONCAP, with the help of our expert SONCAP Account Managers>>
Contact us today.
More information on the implementation of the new Product Authentication Mark can be found on the Nigeria SON Website >>
About XDS Solutions:
Every step of your export document journey managed by us. No more complex forms, no more frustrating processes, just a team of expert advisors who’ll move mountains to meet your SONCAP certification deadline.