XDS Solutions has successfully assisted many high-profile clients in obtaining SASO IECEE Recognition Certification for a wide range of products.
We provide a simple and efficient service which allows our customers to get their products to the Saudi market quickly and correctly – saving both time and money.
What is a SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate?
The SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate is a Saudi Arabian conformity initiative set up by the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization. Its aim is to ensure that certain product types have been tested and certified to the required IEC standards by an IECEE Certified Body.
Which Products Need SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate?
The products that are subject to this program are:
- Electric Water Pumps (scope is 0 to 3.5KW)
- Mobile Phones (also require Saudi CITC certification – cannot apply without it)
- Wired Mobile Device Chargers
- Wireless Mobile Device Chargers
- In-Car Mobile Device Chargers
- Mobile Phone Batteries
- Portable Power Banks
- Laptops and Tablets (if item has sim-card slot, it will also require Saudi CITC certification – cannot apply without it)
- Smart Bands
- Smart Watches (if item has sim-card slot, it will also require Saudi CITC certification – cannot apply without it)
- Wireless Headphones
- Bluetooth Speakers
- Televisions and Monitors
- Dishwashers (household type only)
- Laptop Chargers (Power Adapters)
- Lighting Products (may also have additional SASO Energy Efficiency Testing + Certification requirements depending on the type of product)
- Electronic Smoking Devices
- Electronic Pumps With a Capacity of 5hp or Less (mandatory from 01/07/2021)
- Coffee Preparation Devices (mandatory from 01/07/2021)
- Electric Oil Fryers (mandatory from 01/07/2021)
- Video Game Devices and Their Accessories (mandatory from 01/07/2021)
- Water Boilers (mandatory from 01/07/2021)
- Electric Cables (mandatory from 01/07/2021)
- Shaving Devices – Electric Hair Clippers for humans and animals including battery operated (mandatory from 01/09/2021)
- Circuit Breakers – Sub and Mains (mandatory from 01/09/2021)
- Desktop Computers (mandatory from 01/09/2021)
- Charger + Data Transfer Cables for Mobile Phones (mandatory from 01/09/2021)
How Long is a SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate Valid For?
A SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate is valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
How Long Does It Take to Obtain a SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate?
From our experience, after submission of all the required documents it takes approximately 3 weeks to 1 month for the certificate to be issued. This can vary if SASO have additional questions about the product or any amendments to the application are required.
Is a Separate SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate Required For Each Individual Model Number?
Not necessarily – it is possible to certify more than 1 model number under the same SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate – as long as the products are listed on exactly the same IECEE CB Test Report and IECEE CB Certificate.
Is a Separate SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate Required For Each Importer?
Yes – when a SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate is issued, it is registered and linked to one specific importer’s Commercial Registration (CR) number – this means only that importer can use it.
If you have 3 different importers of exactly the same product – each individual importer would require their own SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate – so 3 separate SASO IECEE Recognition Certificates must be applied for.
Which Documents Are Required to Apply?
Here is a breakdown of the documents that are required to be able to successfully obtain SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate – these are all mandatory:
- Full IECEE CB Test Report dated within 3 years
- Full IECEE CB Certificate dated within 3 years
- Manufacturer Declaration of Conformity (XDS provides template)
- Importer Declaration of Conformity (XDS provides template)
- Full Product Image
- Marking Label Photos (showing trademark (brand), model number, ratings, made in xxx and any other additional markings required by the IEC standard)
- Arabic Language User Manual
- Importer Commercial Registration (CR) Certificate Copy
- Manufacturer Commercial Registration (CR) Certificate Copy
Please note: some products may have additional requirements such as CITC Certification or SASO Energy Efficiency Certification depending on the type. These will be required in addition to the above.
If a Plug/Power Cord Is Included with the Product
Additional Documents Required:
- Plug Requirement Form (XDS provides template)
- Test Report to standard SASO 2203:2018 issued by an ISO 17025 Laboratory (no other standard can be accepted – only 2203:2018)
- Photos of the Plug/Power Cord – including markings such trademark (brand), model number, ratings, made in xxx
If a Charger Is Included with the Product
Additional Documents required
- Full IECEE CB Test Report dated within 3 years (For the Charger)
- Full IECEE CB Certificate dated within 3 years (For the Charger)
- Photos of the Plug/Power Cord – including markings such as trademark (brand), model number, ratings, made in xxx
For an unparalleled SASO IECEE Recognition Certificate service, please contact XDS Solutions today!
How can XDS Solutions assist?
Specialising in Saudi Arabian customs clearance with a vast amount of experience with the SASO program, the team of experts at XDS Solutions can handle everything from Product Registration to Shipment Certificate of Conformity (CoC) – ensuring compliance, avoiding additional workload and offering the simplest SABER solution on the market.
Expert use of the SABER system with assistance from XDS Solutions will ensure you benefit from rapid processing and issuance of Certificates of Conformity and a reduction in the time it takes importing your products through Saudi customs.
XDS Solutions can offer a fully managed SABER solution. Customers benefit from reduced costs, increased efficiency and expert advice. Throughout the change from SASO to SABER, XDS Solutions are your supplier offering a certificate of conformity package tailored to your requirements.
About XDS Solutions
Every step of your export document journey managed by us. No more complex forms, no more frustrating processes, just a team of expert advisors who’ll move mountains to meet your export certification deadline.